CWEC’s work will be guided by the needs and wants of the membership of the Canadian Economic Association (CEA). CWEC will be responsible for activities that further its mandate.
Our current activities include:
- organizing professional development panels, paper sessions, mentoring, and networking events
- hosting a luncheon at the CEA meetings
- conducting surveys and overseeing reports on the status of women in the Canadian economics profession
- maintaining a web page and regularly publishing a newsletter to inform CEA members of the committee’s activities, as well as opportunities and resources of interest to women economists.
- Awarding the Young Research Award and the Service Award every other year.
A list of the regular activities we offer to our members and beyond, visit the ongoing activities page.